Learning today has become a whole new experience, as conventional teaching methods are slowly being replaced by more progressive approaches. The classroom environment is evolving quickly in order to keep up with technological advances. It has to keep up with the different ways in which students are learning as a result of this technology.
Education 3.0 has become the new generation of education. It is a learning experience that is advancing in leaps and bounds from Education 1.0 and 2.0., so as to keep aligned with the digital tools and teaching approaches now available within a modern learning environment.
John Morevec, co-creator of, has designed a chart which highlights the fundamental , from education 1.0 to education 3.0, in a very simple manner.
Some key differences include:
Learning is not confined to the classroom anymore. An education can be acquired in any setting, at any location. Four walls no longer depict the space in which one has to learn. Online, offline, in a field or on the beach, knowledge can be gained anywhere.
Education no longer relies on a teacher-student dynamic. Digital progress has turned teaching on its head. Technology and the internet have enabled the student to become the teacher, something that would have never been considered just a few years back. Everyone has the ability to teach just about anyone, everywhere.
Education is no longer taught through one medium only. Books, magazines, media, computers, tablets, whiteboards or chalk, just about everything has become a learning tool. Electronic devices and internet capabilities have widened the scope of how to teach, making the learning environment more diverse than ever before.
Education is no longer a system of dictating information. Instead, it is a socially constructed and interactive process of information exchange, the context of which is changing continuously.
Below are six more characteristics of the modern learning environment:
- Teaching has become a . The learning process is now very much a two-way dynamic as teachers and students learn from each other.
- Access to online resources is encouraged as technology plays an ever more critical role in learning.
- Student evaluation is now undertaken not only by the teacher but by other students too. There is a shift to peer-to-peer learning and feedback, as opposed to teacher-to-student feedback only.
- Authentic learning taking into account real-life experience is being incorporated into the context of lessons. What happens in day-to-day life is as important in the learning experience as what is written in academic textbooks. A synergy between the two is forming the basis of the in the classroom today.
- Classroom design is evolving and space is . Whole walls are used as whiteboards, or whiteboards are being made movable. Walls are also made of glass so that teachers can see what others are doing and so that they can also from any part of the building should they step out of the class.
- The use of furniture in the classroom is changing, as conventional . Students no longer only sit in chairs; they sit on floors and are even broken up into groups. Learning space is being designed to accommodate interactive methods of teaching.
There are some who argue that the way we are taught has remained the same, it is simply outward appearances that have changed. Education 3.0 seems to evidence otherwise.
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: http://office.microsoft.com/en-za/images/results.aspx?qu=education&ex=1#ai:MP900438770|
defines life as being the totality of many experiences. She believes this to be especially true in the process of getting an education.
- Here’s the Truth About College Readiness Exams
- The Importance of Education
- Writing Solutions beyond Your Imagination
- Online help provided to students
- Custom Essay Writing Services
- Childhood Trauma effect on Students
- Top 5 Art School Survival Tips for Students
- Top 3 Things to Remember When Going to Your Job Interview
- Why You Need a High School Planner
- Use of different personality tests in clinical psychology
- Top 10 risks at work you may not have thought of
- How to pay attention in class using three tips.
- Unique opportunity to pursue post-graduate degrees and credentials
- 5 Tips for College Students Renting an Apartment Off-Campus
- 5 Great College Majors for Computer Geeks
- 5 Benefits of Virtual Learning Environments
- Top 5 Housing Tips for First-Year College Students
- 6 Traits That Define Today’s Business Professional
- Review of professions that deal with writing
- Common Bibliography Mistakes When Writing A PhD Dissertation
- 4 Ways Your Charitable Giving Could Translate to a Career
- Education and the Developing World
- How To Find the Best Place for Piano Lessons?
- 7 Reasons Why It Pays To Have A Higher Education
- Spreading the Word: The Best Ways to Get Your Message Across
- Why We Are In Need Of The Business Consultant
- How to Make Money After Your Education When You Have No Job
- Comprehensive Academic Help To Maximize On Studies With Academic Consulting
- When to Start Applying for Jobs in Your Senior Year of College
- 5 Ways to Drastically Improve Your Graduate Employability
- Alternative Part-Time Job Considerations for College Students
- How to Persuade the Company You Work for to Help Pay for Your College Tuition
- 5 Benefits of Getting Involved on Your College Campus
- Big City Vs. Small Town College: Which Is Right for You?
- 5 Ways for College Students to De-Stress Before Final Exams
- 5 Summer Pre-College Prep Tips for High School Grads
- 5 Effective Budgeting Tips for Broke College Students
- Educate yourself before you export to Canada
- Never Stop Learning, That’s What Online Colleges Are For
- The Importance Of Training & Education For Electrical Safety
- Anthem College – Best Learning Institution for Medical Assistants
- A list of the oldest people alive on the planet
- Steps To Getting A Job In The Mechanical Engineering Field
- 5 Hot Career Options for Nursing School Graduates
- Full Time, Part Time, or Executive: Which MBA Option Is Right for You?
- Essay Composing Tips
- Having a Hard Time Writing Your Papers?
- Five Things You Need To Know Before You Decide Which University to Attend
- 5 People With The Highest IQ In The World
- Highly In-Demand TECH Certifications For Enhanced Job Opportunities In 2014
Tagsbusiness career careers children college colleges Courses education education information elementary essay essays exams finance highschool job jobs kids law learning learningonline learnonline medical nurse nurses nursing online onlinecourses onlineeducation papers quotations on education school schools skills student students study studyabroad studying technology training travel tutors university writing