The Education Liberator, Vol. 1, No. 1, September 1995
From the Editor
Welcome to the first issue of The Education Liberator! Each month The Education Liberator will provide you with timely updates on the educational freedom movement and the activities of the Alliance for the Separation of School & State.
The Education Liberator will publicize the successful alternatives to the government monopoly on education, including:
- Private Voucher Foundations
- Independent Private Schools
- Blended Schooling
- International Models
- Historical Models
The Education Liberator will spotlight the ongoing problems inherent in an educational system dependent on government compulsion of attendance, funding, and curriculum. We'll help you explore:
- How the system works against good teachers and administrators
- How the system provokes "school wars"
- How the system undermines parents
- How the system protects itself from reform and why it needs to be replaced.
The Education Liberator will plunge into the question of "how" to Separate, focussing on both the techniques for effectively promoting Separation and the actual mechanics of implementing Separation at all levels:
- Developing and promoting a free market in education
- Weaning Parents and Teachers from state dependence
- Legislative, Judicial, and Fiscal Strategies
Finally, The Education Liberator expects to be a biographer of the Separation movement, chronicling the successes and setbacks along the path to educational freedom. Join us and help roll back 150 years of government intervention in education!
This article is copyrighted by the Alliance for the Separation of School & State. Permission is granted to freely distribute this article as long as this copyright notice is included in its entirety.