Advocate of Honest Education
About 50 million (25 percent) of the adult U.S. population already agrees with ending compulsory school attendance and moving from tax-supported schooling to parent and charity financed schooling. This estimate is based on four national polls.Click here to see a summary.
We are helping these 50 million come together as a massive groundswell by asking them to put their "name on the line" by signing the Public Proclamation for the Separation of School and State.
When that visible groundswell reaches the millions, politicians will start to take notice and begin the electioneering, legislative, and judicial work necessary to bring about separation of school and state.
We call those who have signed the Proclamation "Proclaimers" or "Signatories." You can see these pioneers of Honest Education by clicking here.
Those who are active in promoting Honest Education remark on these characteristics of the Proclaimers:
- They want Honest Education for all children and understand that in a pluralistic society, the only way to get there is by ending government involvement in schooling.
- They are so committed to this goal that they allow their name, city, state, and country to be publicly shown on the Internet.
- They come from an incredible variety of ethnicity, geography, occupation, age, political beliefs, religions, and worldviews.
This website helps advocates of Honest Education in two ways:
- Build knowledge and confidence
- Help action-oriented people find a worthwhile and enjoyable outlet for their energies.
KNOWLEDGE & CONFIDENCE . . . You'll find on this website literally hundreds of articles and links arranged by common questions to make them easy to find. Reading just a few in the area of your most pressing interest can build the knowledge that brings self-confidence. Remember, when you share the Honest Education concepts with friends and family, please do so in a kind and friendly manner.
USING YOUR TALENT AND ENERGY . . . Some advocates of Honest Education are "doers" and want to be active promoters by doing something NOW that is worthwhile and enjoyable. If you want to reach broader audiences than your immediate circle of influence, you'll find ideas and tools by clicking here.